I want to personally reach out and assure you all that we are here to continue to serve your needs during this time. First, our hearts and thoughts go out to all the people who have been affected by this unprecedented event and we appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments who are on the front line working to contain the coronavirus. Please know that we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation around the clock and have taken every precaution to ensure that you and our staff have a healthy environment for your care.
In this climate, we realize that physical therapy may not be a priority , but for many of you this is not an option due to the status of your rehabilitation and/or your functional mobility. We also know that for some of you, your rehabilitation services are essential care and being able to safely complete your plan of care is a necessity. I want you to know that the safety and health of our patients and staff is our top priority. I want to thank you in advance for putting your trust in Southland Physical Therapy as you plan your healthcare services. Below is an update of what we are doing to provide a safe visit.
You should have confidence when you book an appointment with us that we are doing everything we can to provide the safest experience possible. We are closely monitoring the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local agencies (LA and OC Health Departments) for the latest developments related to COVID-19 and following the guidance and recommendations of these government agencies on the appropriate health and safety measures with our staff. We are committed to doing a deep clean throughout the day and have put in place distancing by using our private treatment rooms and new protocols for our gym space as well. Our health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and cover everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications for each private treatment room and common areas.
Given the impact of the COVID-19 we are suspending our cancellation policy over the next several weeks so that we can adapt to the evolving nature of this epidemic. We are updating our policy to provide our patients with the most flexibility during these challenging times.
During Your Care
We have enacted additional measures based on the guidelines set forth by the CDC.
- Patients will be able to call in to check into their appointments and wait in their vehicle. We will call you when your therapist is available to take you back for your appointment.
- We are one of the few private practice physical therapy clinics that have private treatment rooms. Therefore we are committed to treating you exclusively in private treatment rooms or bays that maintain distances.
- Every room and piece of equipment is cleaned after each use in order to maintain the highest sanitary levels with medical grade cleaners.
- We are adjusting schedules and opening up Saturday to limit the number of people at any given time.
- We have decreased staff at every location at any given time to minimize staff and patients on-site.
- We have extended hours of operation and opening Saturdays to maintain limited staff and patients.
- We are working with your health system, doctors, and insurances to offer Telehealth services.
We recognize that this is an unprecedented and unsettling moment in our history and we want you to know that your safety and well-being continue to be our first priority. We are taking every step to ensure that we can continue to serve you properly for your essential physical therapy needs. Please contact us with any questions or concerns.
With all my best,
Jason Park, DPT, CSCS
CEO, Southland Physical Therapy